We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Newbie Questions (Split Problem, Total Sum)

paatal

hi all,

i'm newbie on iReport.

this is very very good product. i like to use it.

i have some problem

1. i have data on my detail, report contains more then 1 page (For exampe 10), i neew column total sum, what i did :

create new Variable

name : PriceSum

Calculation : sum

Reset type  :  Column

Variable Expression  :  $F{price} ---- this is column from which i need total sum.

then i drag and drom this variable into "summary" Band  ?  (i want that sum must be into 10 th page after the data).

is this correct ???

2. after this, into summary i need some fields (adresses, names, bank parameters and so on, ) i have  20 fields into summary

when i tried to run my report the result is :

10 page contains data and the summary with total sum is on 11 th page.  summary band is not splitting. i need that total sum  must be after detail not on the next page. 

the Split allowed   checkbox is selected for all my bands.

how i can do it ?

any idea will be appreciated.

Regards

Paata

Magticom LTD.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For your first question, you can change the Reset Type = Report and that should calcuate your desired total. As for the second question, there is a property to "Summary on a new Page". Make sure that property is turned of. It is located under Edit > Report Properties > More... > "Summary on a new Page". This might be different since I use a very old version of iReports.

Hope this helps!

hi kchaudhry,

my first question was that i want to understand where is the plase of the total sum field ? this is summary or column footer or page footer.

and what about second question, my report property - "Summary on a new Page" is set to false, but it could not be splitted.

why i need to split summary band

1. i have total sum field on summary band and i want that this field must be located after detail ends, after this i have many fields addresses, bank parameters and so on , if there is enough space for summary on page there is no problem, but is space is not enough than all summary band moved on next page with total sum and all of it's parameters.

is this so difficult job ?

i found huge posts about this problem but could not found any resolves.

greatly appreciated for any idea,

Paata Lominadze

Magticom LTD.

Georgia.

• 9 months later...