Convert report to PDF problem

kelly

Hi everyone, 

I'm happily using jasperserver, but I have a problem.
I created couple reports and they are working fine, but In my report, i have Japanese description, abut after i convert it to PDF, the Japanese description disappeared and if i convert it to CSV, the japanese become garbage. Must be somewhere i can change to uft-8, then everything magically working fine, right? Please help.

Thanks a lot.

Kelly

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly,

The key ideas that you need are on the Font tab for the field. You probably didn't set the PDF Font Name and PDF Encoding, since these aren't needed to get the report working well in the report viewer or in HTML. But you need to set them correctly for PDF.

I attached a sample report; it's one of the reports that ships as an example with JasperServer Professional. But I modified it last week work work with Japanese characters. You'll see where I set the font to ARIALUNI.TTF and the encoding to Identity-H for some fields. In my case I'm using JasperServer so the font actually shows as "repo:ARIALUNI.TTF". You should use the repo syntax if you are not using JasperServer.

If you still have problems with the CSV export, please open a separate thread for that issue.

Regards,
Matt
Jaspersoft

• 10 months later...

Hi Matt,

It seems that it only can set one PDF Font for a field. I have to work with both Japanese characters, Chinese characters and Korean characters. Can I set multiple PDF Fonts for one field in an report?

Thank you very much.

Howard

Post Edited by tianhu at 08/24/2009 09:58

• 6 years later...

Hi, Kelly.

As for myself, I have seldom tried to create couple reports and then  convert them to PDF files. I wonder have you ever worked it out? Do I need another 3rd party manual toolkit? When it comes PDF converting process, I have another question, I wonder have you ever tried to convert pdf to other image files before? As for myself, I am testing the related PDF to PNG converting, PDF to BMP converting , and PDF to JPG converting programs these days. Do you have experience about it? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.   

Best regards,

Salvatore