Jasper Report printing

jaspernewuser

Hi,

I am trying to pring jasper report. But not able to do am getting following errornet.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: java.awt.print.PrinterException: Printer is not accepting job.JRPrintServiceExporter.java:253)JasperTest.java:69)JasperTest.java:30)java.awt.print.PrinterException: Printer is not accepting job.RasterPrinterJob.java:1230)JRPrintServiceExporter.java:248

Exception in thread "main"

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRPrintServiceExporter.exportReport(

at test.JasperTest.testPrinting(

at test.JasperTest.main(

Caused by:

at sun.print.RasterPrinterJob.print(

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRPrintServiceExporter.exportReport(

Bellow

)

below is my code

JasperDesign jasperDesign = JRXmlLoader.load("C:\MySQLEmployeeReport.jrxml");
         JasperReport jasperReport = JasperCompileManager.compileReport(jasperDesign);
         Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
         Connection jdbcConnection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://ao-in003024/ris", "risuser", "password123");
         JasperPrint jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(jasperReport, null, jdbcConnection);

PrintService pp = PrintServiceLookup.lookupDefaultPrintService();
         JRExporter exporter = new JRPrintServiceExporter();
         exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT, jasperPrint);
        exporter.setParameter(JRPrintServiceExporterParameter.PRINT_SERVICE_ATTRIBUTE_SET, pp.getAttributes());
       exporter.setParameter(JRPrintServiceExporterParameter.DISPLAY_PAGE_DIALOG, Boolean.FALSE);
       exporter.setParameter(JRPrintServiceExporterParameter.DISPLAY_PRINT_DIALOG, Boolean.FALSE);
       exporter.exportReport();       

and if I am using false);I get following error net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: No printer available.JasperPrintManager.java:241)JasperTest.java:48)JasperTest.java:31

)any idea why is it happening so 
Thanks in advance;          

JasperPrintManager.printReport(jasperPrint,

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperPrintManager.printReport(

at test.JasperTest.testPrinting(

at test.JasperTest.main(

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not related to JasperServer, but your own code and environment.

This method of printing to a printer uses the Java AWT printing functionality. If you search on the web, this is a seemingly random problem that happens under Java 5 and Java 6, but not Java 1.4. ie forums.sun.com/thread.jspa

If this is happening all the time, then there is something else wrong. There seem to be many reasons. Google "PrinterException: Printer is not accepting job" to see if there is a solution.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Hi sherman,

First thanks for your quick reply. I tried other way of printing. below is my code

JasperDesign jasperDesign = JRXmlLoader.load("C:\MySQLEmployeeReport.jrxml");
JasperReport jasperReport = JasperCompileManager.compileReport(jasperDesign);
Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
Connection jdbcConnection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost/mydb", "mydbuser", "mydbpassword");
JasperPrint jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(jasperReport, null, jdbcConnection);
jdbcConnection.close();
JasperPrintManager.printReport(jasperPrint, false);

an am getting no printer available error, even though a driver is installed for network printer and this printer is in working condition (I tested it) .. Am i missing some steps in above sample code ?

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: No printer available.JasperPrintManager.java:241)PrintServiceApp.java:38)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperPrintManager.printReport(

at test.PrintServiceApp.main(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just ran into this problem myself (not using Jasper reports, but printing a pdf file from java).

I looked all over for 2 full days and finally found a post that reminded me to keep it simple.  This error seems to be very common after 1.4.2 of the jre (1.5+). I tried every idea I found (hacks/tricks, printing to a different flavor of Doc...) and nothing worked.  Finally I decided to check my assumptions.  I *assumed* that since 'everything else' printed to this printer just fine (and I've printed from iReport to it just fine numerous times) that the printer setup was correct. 

The first thing I checked on the printer setup was driver version.  I found ou that the files I installed from the print server were from way back in 2000 and 2001.  The newest on HP's site were from Apr-2008.  Long story short. I'm now printing to the printer from within java w/o any issues.

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...