We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Excel formula not getting set

mrobinson

Hi Anitha,

In this case, applying a formula is not possible, because JasperReports does not localize individual cells in a generated sheet. Localizing cells at export time in order to set a formula field requires significant changes, and isn't an ordinary problem. If you think it's necessary, you can post a feature request here.

With the other solution, I mean with actually calculating totals using report variables, the calculated field does not act as a formula field, and its content will not be sensitive to the user input.

Regards,

sanda

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shertage
Wrote:

Hi Anitha,

In this case, applying a formula is not possible, because JasperReports does not localize individual cells in a generated sheet. Localizing cells at export time in order to set a formula field requires significant changes, and isn't an ordinary problem. If you think it's necessary, you can post a feature request here.

With the other solution, I mean with actually calculating totals using report variables, the calculated field does not act as a formula field, and its content will not be sensitive to the user input.

Regards,

sanda

Sanda,

Thanks a lot for all your replies! I think its time for us to close this discussion thread :) :) ! I have raised this as new feature request in provided link.Hope i have mentioned it in a right manner.Have look and confirm on the same!

Hope Jasper Team will fix this new Requirement at the earliest! We are waiting to make use of the tool with more and more advanced features support like this...

Hats off to the team on development and support provided by the team to end users...Its gr88 to find developers online for discussion...!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...