Html report sent as email body instead of attached in jasperserver

ooober

Hi

i m using jaspersever 2.0.1. I made a report and schedules the report. My client requirment is to mail him html report as email body . Is their any way how to achive this.

I also download the jasperserver source code so that i can customized jasperserver, but still not get any success in order to import the source code in ecllipse.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have to change the JasperServer code to do the embedding of the content in the email.

On building in Eclipse: we use Maven. Eclipse Maven support has been lacking in the past, but I gather may have improved. I use NetBeans, which is great with Maven.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Hi

Thank for quick reponce and guidance.

I customized the jasperserver code for sending the report as email body.But one problem remain is images are not showing in email body.

I check the link http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/EmailReportAsHTMLAndPDF

its says that

" When attaching images to the email it doesn't appear to be possible to determine the image type from Jasper. The sample code uses 'image/gif' for all image types. Even when wrong this appears to work in at least outlook. If your concerned about this limiation then either make certain that all of your images are gif's or lobby the jasper developers to provide and api which exposes the image types ".

Is their any way around for showing image in email body.

Thanks

Best Regards.

Hasham.Habib

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi,

I have a requirement to send scheduled report as part of email body when job schedule happen. Could anyone have any idea as i found only this conversation related to by requirement and it is very old conversation but still hoping some will help me out on this, kindly help!!

Regards