Page numbers in Subreports

amayr

I think I have to simplify the problem i've got :

I have a report (master-reoprt), that has a number of subreports in its summary band. These subreports are over several pages.
Goal: I want to display the correct page number on the master report.

Is there a possibility to achieve this?

This is what i achieved so far:

My master-reports is over 25 pages. The subreports in my summary band tend to go over 1 or 2 pages. So if I try to display the page number in those subreports I get "page 1 of 2" or "page 2 of 2" (e. g. for two-page subreports). The corrects value would for example be "page 17 of 25". In addition the numbers are displayed in the middle of the page, cause those subreports begin there and/or end there. Which is basically what I would expect. Nonetheless I need to find a solution here. :-)

Honestly I personally think there is no solution to this problem, but I would highly appreciate it, if anyone could help or give me some advice!

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok if I can pass the page number to the subreport I could basically add the given number to the actual subreport pagenumber. I guess that would give me the true page number. Am I correct or is this not really possible?

But that would not solve the problem that the page numbers are displayed in the wrong place. Because if a subreport ends in the middle of a page, the page number will be displayed there and not at the end of the page.

I'm pretty much convinced that i can't achieve what I want to do in this constellation. Unfortunately I can't reorganize the report for organisational reasons.