We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Modify ReportUnit or Options through the Webservices

ruffp

Hello,

I am trying to modify an existing ReportUnit (RU). I just tried the following way:

ResourceDescriptor rd = new ResourceDescriptor();
    rd.setWsType(ResourceDescriptor.TYPE_REPORTUNIT );
    rd.setUriString("/userFolder/test-1-ru");

ResourceDescriptor ru = repoService.get( rd, null);

ru.setLabel("changed label");

repoService.addOrModify( ru, null);

This work as I can see the RU with ne new label with the admin console, but when executing it, it make a MalformedURIException. I tried also to put the PROP_REFERENCE_REPORT_URI (don t remember exactly the right name but correct in my code) as explained in the WebServices doc but it still make these errors.

Do you have more precise documentation about what options is mandatory to set for every operation we can do to these documents (RU, RU options and so on) especially the modify and create new items.

I have the same problem when trying to modify the options for a report unit (the values are never modified).

Patrick 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is the Web Services Guide PDF.

Have a look at the source download. It includes web services unit tests under jasperserver-remote-tests, and a sample JSP based web application that calls the JasperServer web services.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

hello,

Thanks for the tip, I already saw these example but what I wanted to explain in my second post is that I cannot find samples for ReportUnit Options.

The tests with Report units is wirking for me now.

Regarding the Options, I just saw that there's a //todo implement here in the update function for report options and just want to know if it is the same for the creation.

Best regards,
Patrick
PS: sorry for the blank post before, I wrote almost the same post but when it was posted the content has been dropped

• 3 years later...