Hyperlink to a Drilldown Report

tunguyen

Carl,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I think we are on same page on almost all things except few here.

First, I have an IC in child which prompts for input (along with 2 link parameters from parent which are not supposed to be IC);

Second, Child works standalone using this IC. (You suspected what use of child ICs i may have without using those)

The problem was to take 2 non-IC parameters in child without prompting for those (This caused problem when child is run stand alone). I think i have got my answer in your discussion: The 2 non-IC param can be actually 2 IC with read only properties and some default values. This way stand alone child can run and can even have hyperlink to parent. The hyperlink can navigate to parent with default values (as the behaviour expected from stand alone report).

So the difference maker here was to keep 2 link parameters in parent as "READ-ONLY" IC in child.

Thanks,

Arnav

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Carl

i try ur drill1 and drill2 report, both can run

but when i try to run the drill1 and then link the drill2, it nothing come out

what should i do?

i'm using ireport3.7.4

and i save the file under c:\test

can you help me?

is this because i not have jasperserver?

Code:
<band height="20" splitType="Stretch">			<textField hyperlinkType="ReportExecution">				<reportElement style="BandedTable" mode="Opaque" x="0" y="0" width="53" height="20"/>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$F{STATEABBR}]]></textFieldExpression>				<hyperlinkParameter name="_report">					<hyperlinkParameterExpression><![CDATA["C:/test/drill2"]]></hyperlinkParameterExpression>				</hyperlinkParameter>				<hyperlinkParameter name="TargetStateAbbr">					<hyperlinkParameterExpression><![CDATA[$F{STATEABBR}]]></hyperlinkParameterExpression>				</hyperlinkParameter>				<hyperlinkParameter name="TargetStateName">					<hyperlinkParameterExpression><![CDATA[$F{STATENAME}]]></hyperlinkParameterExpression>				</hyperlinkParameter>			</textField>

Yes, I think so.  Buried somewhere in one of my early explanations is the caveat that I don't think you can get a ReportExecution hyperlink to work in preview mode of iReport.  Even if you could, you'd definitely have to change the _report parameter of that hyperlink, because "repo:" is a shortcut that JasperServer uses for the top of the Organization in the repository tree. That's also one of the reasons why I suggest focusing on getting them to work individually first (which of course you can test in iReport preview mode), and then at the end try adding the hyperlinks and deploying to JasperServer for testing.

Is iReport preview mode your actual run-time environment for these reports, or are you ultimately deploying them to another environment?

Carl

Hi alvintkl,

I suppose you are trying to run drill down function with 2 reports in iReport. The reports generated by you are running standalone and have no engine to identify input parameters as Input controls (IC), as it happens with the jasperserver which takes input parameters as IC and identifies target using those IC.

Practically speaking, reports linking is designed to work with some engine like jasperreports server. So iReport doesn't have to create the same functionality.

So jasperreports drill down is not designed to work with iReport. Use JasperReports Server instead.

Arnav

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...