Oracle metadata script for JS 3.0

zhu001

Hi,

In the distribution pack I see scripts for mysql and postgres only. I know I can get one with commercial version, but is there a way to generate it based on source beans? If yes, please give some directions...

Thanks a lot!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm trying to build the distribution from source, according to the source build guide.

In the maven settings.xml file I'm not sure what to put for the following properties:

<repository.database.driver.groupId>
<repository.database.driver.artifactId>
<repository.database.driver.version>
<js.quartz.script>

as the example provided seems to be mysql specific.

Could someone please be able to tell me what to set these to when building for oracle,

Thanks,

Andrew

Oracle is not supported by JasperServer version (it is supported by Pro). But it does not mean you cannot make it work.

You need to use the following settings :

<repository.database.driver.groupId>ojdbc</repository.database.driver.groupId>
<repository.database.driver.artifactId>ojdbc</repository.database.driver.artifactId>
<repository.database.driver.version>14</repository.database.driver.version>

<js.quartz.script>/home/devuser/js-src/jasperserver/scripts/quartz/tables_oracle.sql</js.quartz.script>

But there is a "technical difficulty" here. Oracle's driver is not published in public repositories, only .pom file which has the following download link

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html(which didn't open for me, btw).

If you try to build it as is, you'll get "Unable to download the artifact from any repository" error.

You need to manually download ojdbc14.jar driver from the Oracle site, and then install it into the local repository by running the following command:

mvn -o install:install-file -DgroupId=ojdbc -DartifactId=ojdbc -Dversion=14 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=<path-to-jodbc14.jar>

After these steps you should be good to build.