How do I install OpenReports & JasperReports ....

coderb

... On a Mac Osx Leopard?

Hi All,

Being a noob, I am confused on how exactly to install JasperReports with OpenReports on Mac Os x Leopard.

firstly, OpenReports comes with a preconfigured tomcat install, which would help since it is ready to go(with minor config changes), however this incudes tomcat which I don't need since its already installed on Leopard. So can I still use this OpenReports-tomcat version, but removing its tomcat directory? If so, I really don't know the correct location to install it, and what config changes I should consider.

Then JasperReports - it's recommended to first install Ant, and looking at the Ant install manual, it requires a JAXP-compliant XML parser installed and available on your classpath. I'm sure Leopard has one, but I wouldnt know where to begin to check that. I don't even know what or where the 'classpath' is?

I know my knowledge here is pretty terrible, which is why I was hoping someone could just give me a simple step by step guide to get OpenReports using JasperReports set up as a web tool to report on a local MySQL db on a Mac Os x Leopard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

coderb,

It sounds like your main question is concerning OpenReports. I think you'll need to find a forum dedicated to OpenReports to get help with that.

Or you may want to look at iReport for designing reports for JasperReports and JasperServer to deploy them. If you have questions about those you find lots of answers on the forums around here.

Regards,

Matt