XML Datasource IReport 2.0.5 'The document has ..'

S4_mario

I am using iReport 2.0.5.

I am using a XML File as datasource. I grep my datas via xpath and I am able to drag and drop my fields in the Reportarea.

Once I compile and start the Report in the editor I always get the message "The document has no pages."

I followed a lot of tuturials, but I can not convince "iRepod" to do what I want, and it`s not made by Apple :-).

Cheers for ur help

Mario

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your documents may not have a query, click top of you data and check report query if there is a query.I had that error before and I realize just drag and droping is not the only way you need a query to select from.

Hi systemp,

I put in an xpath expression into the query field. Without any changes. I still don`t get any datas.

XPATH Expression:

/addressbook/category/@name

XML Datasource:

<addressbook>

<category name="home">

</category>

<category name="work">

</category>

</addressbook>

So this should give me at least 2 datasets. "home" and "work". But nothing happens.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi systemp, hi Mahesh,

I followed the tutorials. (My given example is the tutorial one) If you have a better tutorial, let me know and please post the answer here. I think everyone should know the solution....if there is one... :huh:

thx

Mario

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, helping another guy that faced the very same problem but using DynamicJasper on top of JasperReports, I noticed that with XML datasources, embedded queries does not work (it does with SQL). I dunno if this is a bug, but I could not make it work like that.

To make it work, the query must be passed as parameter to the constructor of the datasource object.

Code:
JRXmlDataSource ds = new JRXmlDataSource(document, "/my/xpath/query"«»);

Since you are using iReport, you'll need extra code to pass a JRDataSource object at fill time since embedded queries for xml seems to be failing