iReport unable to read/process xml file

mbonner

Hello,

I have just installed iReport and I am attempting to create a report from the data in an xml file. After iReport did nothing with my own xml file I tried with a simple sample file (that I found via google; I assume it is correct). I posted two days ago (http://www.jasperforge.org/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=215&func=view&id=39902&catid=9) and although 40+ took a look at it nobody responded, am i naive? it is a genuine problem with iReport? I have no idea, but I would love to find out. For the time being I would be happy knowing what the problem is, no errors are generated, essentially nothing happens. I do get the initial message I mention in my previous post but that is not even consistent (ie if I click ok or cancel after initially opening the query dialog that message does not appear again). At this point in time I am assuming the problem is either w/ my Expath or expath2 libraries (I know nothing about these other than that they parse xml files), or potentially between iReport and my computer/OS, but really I have no idea since iReport is not spitting out anything.

So could anybody out there potentially point me to a place where I could maybe figure out what is going wrong, where should I look in the source? If its really not working why is an exception not generated? Is there actually an exception? Where could I find it.

Please, I would be ecstatic with any help, thoughts, suggestions... anything

Thanks for reading

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I just replied to your previous post. I'm going to assume that because the errors are inconsistent, that you're dealing with different problems.

Try this: download the JasperReports library. (This is just to obtain a tested sample file.) When you've downloaded JR, create a datasource in iReport using the "northwind.xml" file that is located in jasperreports-x.x.xdemosamplesxmldatasource.

Then post any messages that appear in the iReport console.

HTH,

Mary

Thank you for your help,

Actually, your first post solved my problems. I am now able to query my report and put fields into my report, although I have been unable to execute the report w/ my active connection.