We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Problem with HTML Reports

umair

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to guess that you have objects that either touch or overlap each other. I had a similar problem a while back -- the report looked perfect in the Java viewer and PDF. But HTML doesn't like objects sharing the same space.

Eye-balling it can be tedious and is pretty error-prone.

This is what I would do. (Sorry that I don't know a better shortcut.)

Open your report in iReport. Go to View > Docking Panes and make sure Document Structure is checked.

One-by-one, go through each element in the Document Structure. As you click on an item, it will be selected in the iReport view/screen. If the object's handles are blue/purple, it's fine.

If the object's handles are green, then it's touching or overlapping an other object. You can reposition it:

- with your mouse

- with the arrow keys on your keyboard

- by typing new values in the object's Properties

Good luck.

Mary

Well, i believe you do have a perfect explanation.

I have a rectangle which displays a specific color.

On that rectangle, i have the names of the columns being shown as Static Text.

The handles of these statix text boxes are green.

And i am not able to see the rectangle on HTML preview.

So, how would i be able to have color on a whole row on the Column Names?

Umair,

What you'll want to do is first make sure that nothing is overlapping. For example, if you have a rectangle behind a field, you'll need to remove it. Use the item properties and make note of the Top, Left, Height, and Width values for each item. You may find that you're overlapping items by a pixel here and there.

To get the color background you want in HTML, set the background color for each field individually. (This makes sense if you know how HTML works, but may be counter-intuitive if you're used to creating layers in graphics programs.) Specifically, select the field, right-click to get Properties. Click the [...] box to open the color palette and choose a color. De-select the Transparent checkbox.

The tedious part is making sure you find all the items. The Document Structure pane helps me with that.

Good luck!

Mary