[iReport 2.0.5]modified subreport sql, same output

hendrakieran

Hi All,

I just started using iReport, to evaluate whether we can use it to replace our existing report generation system, it looks VERY,VERY promising so far. However I have a slight problem which I'm now stuck at.

I created a simple report with subreport and later on I modified the query of the subreport to loosen up the condition in the SQL query so it can show more data. When I execute the subreport by itself, the change was effective as I can see more data on the output, however when I went back to the main report that calls this subreport, the output of the subreport section remain unchanged. Removing the subreport from the main report didn't help either.

Is this a bug? Did I miss a step?

Thanks in advance.

H

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you compile the changed subreport before testing the main report again? You need to recompile it, just saving it isn't enough, since the .jasper file is what the main report looks at. However, if you run the subreport it is automatically compiled. Also, check the location of the .jasper file (check time modified on the file to make sure it is the one) and make sure that the path in the main report points to that location.