TextField stretching issue in Detail band

mlwong

I noticed that in Ireport 2.0.5, the textfield (set to overflow and stretch to highest object) doesn't work in the detail band. To overcome this, you have to allocate vertical space in the detail band, thus consuming more pages.

However it works in other bands. I have records in the detail band that accesses variable-length text.

I have browsed this forum and cannot find any better solutions. Any advice is welcomed.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's late and you probably already solved the problem but I had the same problem recently and I just want share what I did to solve it.

In fact, I discovered that the property "Print oder" at the report level was incorrectly set to "horizontal" instead of the default value "vertical" and that was the cause of the problem.  This property make sense only when you split your detail on multiple columns of the same page, so JR can use this property to know if it must fill the data vertically or horizontally.

I think it's the correct behavior to disallow field stretching with horizontal filling because you want to preserve the alignment of the data on a single line.  So I suggest that you take a look at this property because it now works fine for me.

btw, I'm using iReport 2.0.5 too.