JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Only staticText fields display on the pdf

By: Terry Curran - tcurran4

Only staticText fields display on the pdf

2003-03-05 17:47

I am using JasperReports with PJA and solaris and Apache. I can run the JasperReports with no problem from my local machine but when I run it over the web server only the static text fields are displayed on the pdf report. The error message that is displayed looks like this.

Font specified in font.properties not found [-monotype-arial-regular-r-normal ...then it lists 20 other fonts in the same fashion. The parameters that I send the JVM are -Xbootclasspath=a:/javalib/pja.jar -Dawt.toolkit=com.eteks.awt.PJAToolkit -Djava.awt.graphicsenv=com.eteks.java2d.PJAGraphicsEnvironment -Djava.font.usePlatform=false -Djava.awt.fonts=<path_to_jre_lib_fonts>

I suspected a problem with fonts but the staticText fields are the same fonts as the other fields that are not being displayed.

By: juan david vergara perez - jvergara

RE: Only staticText fields display on the pdf

2003-03-06 04:30

i'm not sure, but i think that your problem is relationed with the server display. If the JasperReports not found a display, it can't work ok. i don't know how solve this problem, but i heard before somothing like that. You can search on interten about that.

David.

By: Jeremie Weldin - jweldin

2003-08-27 09:51

This may be the same problem I had... I had to make sure that the field was set to a height of at least 3 more than the font size. ( 10 ->13) I think its 4 more when the font is bold as well. This issue does not happen with STATICTEXT only FIELDS. And I believe that it only happens if the eval time is NOW not when using GROUP eval time.

By: Ryan Johnson - delscovich

2003-08-27 10:29

I used to have a lot of problems with text not displaying in my reports. I finally found a formula that has worked every time:

minHeight = (int) (fontSize*lineCount*1.25 + 1);

This means a single line of 10pt text requires a text field with height="13", and a 24pt font needs height="31", but four lines of 10pt text only requires height="51", not "56".

Ryan

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic