We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Crosstab reports with data that has "holes"

itchytoes

Hi --

I'm trying to understand a little more about crosstab reports. I am trying to get a crosstab report working which has sorted data coming in. If every row has an entry for every column (i.e. there are no "holes" in the data), things work fine.

However, if my data rows may be missing data for some columns, it sometimes works and sometimes does not. When it does not work, I can end up with the columnGroup s all out of order.

In order for a crosstab to work, do I have to have data for every column?

Betty

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi --

Okay, thanks. I got my report to work with the holes in the data, but I have another question regarding the crosstab.

So, I have 2 fields, call them ClusterOrder, and ClusterName, and my "ClusterGroup" columnGroup. When I used the ClusterName as my bucketExpression, I was getting my columns out of order with the holes in the data, but when I changed it to use ClusterOrder as my bucketExpression, my columns are now fine. (I'm not exactly sure why, but I need it to order by ClusterOrder anyway).

My question is, how do I get my ClusterName to appear in the <textfield> of the crosstabColumnHeader? If I use $V{ClusterGroup}, I get the ClusterOrder, which is not what I want. I would like the ClusterName displayed. I tried $F{clusterName} but get an error, and I tried creating a measure with clusterName and get null for $V{ClusterName}

Thanks

Betty