Barcode tool help required

hellian

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mary

Thanks...I want to show a field value using Barcode tool of iReport. Suppose there's a field in my report named productId, I want to show this productId as barcode on my report using Barcode tool. So, I need to know the expression required for Barcode tool. I needn't know about using barcode font because I've already used a font to show my field value as barcode. But there's a problem with that..scanner can't read barcode of my report. This is why, now I want to know the procedure of using Barcode tool feature of iReport to show my field value as barcode instead of using barcode font.

Thanks

Rashed

Hi Rashed,

To show barcode with your productId field is actually easy. You can put this barcode on header, group or even detail band, depend on your requirement.

1. Put a frame object (it's on toolbar next to barcode tool).

2. Put a barcode tool object inside the frame.

3. Double click the barcode object you put to show the properties dialog. You can instead right click it, and select properties menu from popup menu that appears :P.

4. Go to barcode tab of the properties dialog.

5. Choose type of barcode. 3of9, 128 etc from barcode type combobox.

5. In the barcode expression textbox, simply write $F{productId} or you can use expression editor button for more.

6. Should you need to display your productId as well below the barcode, just tick show text checkbox.

7. Now Preview with active connection to show the barcode displayed on your screen.

Mangga ah..

Cev_Arief

Post edited by: cev_arief, at: 2008/02/23 06:02

Post edited by: cev_arief, at: 2008/02/23 06:11

• 6 years later...