JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Variables and Arithmetic

By: Gary Hill - gary_hill94

Variables and Arithmetic

2003-08-14 20:54

I have two variables of type Double that are sums of two fields of type Double. I would like to assign the difference of these two variables to a third variable, of type double, to print in a group footer. I get an invalid cast error from the report compiler when I do this. Here are the lines from my report definition:

<variable name="balance" class="java.lang.Double" resetType="None" calculation="Nothing">

<variableExpression>$V{gross} - $V{receipts}</variableExpression>

</variable>

Here are the errors:

dori.jasper.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report design:

/home/ghill/office/JasperReports/ArDetail.java:232: Invalid cast from int to java.lang.Double.

value = (java.lang.Double)(((java.lang.Double)variable_gross.getValue()) - ((java.lang.Double)variable_receipts.getValue()));

^

/home/ghill/office/JasperReports/ArDetail.java:232: Incompatible type for -. Can't convert java.lang.Double to int.

value = (java.lang.Double)(((java.lang.Double)variable_gross.getValue()) - ((java.lang.Double)variable_receipts.getValue()));

^

/home/ghill/office/JasperReports/ArDetail.java:445: Invalid cast from int to java.lang.Double.

value = (java.lang.Double)(((java.lang.Double)variable_gross.getOldValue()) - ((java.lang.Double)variable_receipts.getOldValue()));

^

/home/ghill/office/JasperReports/ArDetail.java:445: Incompatible type for -. Can't convert java.lang.Double to int.

value = (java.lang.Double)(((java.lang.Double)variable_gross.getOldValue()) - ((java.lang.Double)variable_receipts.getOldValue()));

^

/home/ghill/office/JasperReports/ArDetail.java:658: Invalid cast from int to java.lang.Double.

value = (java.lang.Double)(((java.lang.Double)variable_gross.getEstimatedValue()) - ((java.lang.Double)variable_receipts.getEstimatedValue()));

^

/home/ghill/office/JasperReports/ArDetail.java:658: Incompatible type for -. Can't convert java.lang.Double to int.

value = (java.lang.Double)(((java.lang.Double)variable_gross.getEstimatedValue()) - ((java.lang.Double)variable_receipts.getEstimatedValue()));

^

6 errors

By: Teodor Danciu - teodord

RE: Variables and Arithmetic

2003-08-14 23:47

Hi,

Here's the correct expression :

<variableExpression>

new Double(

$V{gross}.doubleValue() - $V{receipts}.doubleValue()

)

</variableExpression>

You might also consider testing the "gross" and "receipt" variable for null in the expression using the ?: java operator.

I hope this helps.

Teodor

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic