We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Scheduler queue

marco.caimi
Go to solution Solved by lucianc,

Hi all,

I have a problem with the scheduling service of jasperserver. When I schedule many reports (more than the quartz execution thread) at the same time, jasper executes at the scheduled time n reports where n is the number of quartz execution threads, and adds 2 reports to the scheduler queue in order to be executed after the threds are freed.

I will post an example.

Supposing to have

org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount=5

and scheduling 10 reports each day at 6 o'clock.

I obtain that 7 reports are executed correctly and the last 3 no and i do not see any trace in the log file.

Is this a limitation of jasper server? I already used quartz and it does not have limitations on the queue of the scheduler.

I want to schedule the execution of 50 reports at the same time and obtain that they are all executed.

I cannot shift the report execution beacause they are all long running and the execution time heavily depends on the busyness of database server.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Marco,

the problem is the time-window that triggers are considered valid.

That's the parameter :

org.quartz.scheduler.idleWaitTime

The default time is set to 30000ms.

I advice to add it into js.quartz.properties with a time at least of 600.000ms (10 minutes).

Code:
js.quartz.properties = 600000

Then you change it for your needs.

For a deeper description of this parameter and others look [url=http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/wikidocs/ConfigMain.html]here

;)

Post edited by: pariz, at: 2008/01/30 14:21

• 1 year later...

pariz
Wrote:

Hi Marco,
the problem is the time-window that triggers are considered valid.

That's the parameter :
org.quartz.scheduler.idleWaitTime

The default time is set to 30000ms.

I advice to add it into js.quartz.properties with a time at least of 600.000ms (10 minutes).
Code:

Then you change it for your needs.

For a deeper description of this parameter and others look here

;)
Post edited by: pariz, at: 2008/01/30 14:21

Did you mean "add it into js.quartz.base.properties"?

And did you mean your code to read:

org.quartz.scheduler.idleWaitTime = 600000

?

Also, what made you interpret org.quartz.scheduler.idleWaitTime as representing "the time-window that triggers are considered valid"?  From the Quartz wiki docs, this setting is defined as "the amount of time in milliseconds that the scheduler will wait before re-queries for available triggers when the scheduler is otherwise idle".  In other words, it's the scheduler's trigger polling interval.  From my understanding, that has nothing to do with how long triggers are considered valid.

I was really encouraged by this thread, as it seemed to promise a solution to my own problem, which is detailed here:

jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php

but I'm more confused now than before.  I tried making the 2 changes suggested in this thread (in js.quartz.base.properties, not in js.quartz.properties), but neither change seemed to help my situation.  My jobs still stop running after about 3 minutes, leaving most of the 1000 scheduled jobs as never having run.

Post Edited by theodan at 05/30/2009 15:23