JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Temporary Files

flotzi

Hi community,

First of all I want to say that JasperReports is really a great tool! But I'm a beginner with JaserReports. I just created my first big report and did not find the necessary information in any documentation.

Can somebody tell me whether JasperReports writes any temporary files when a compiled report (*.jasper) is used (e.g. at JasperViewer.viewReport())?

If yes how can the directory be specified?

By the way: If this is an matter which is documented somewhere could you please tell me where I can find this information!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Greetings,

flotzi

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

flotzi wrote:

Can somebody tell me whether JasperReports writes any temporary files when a compiled report (*.jasper) is used (e.g. at JasperViewer.viewReport())?
If yes how can the directory be specified?

The question is slightly confusing, because compiled reports cannot be viewed (with JasperViewer) directly, it has to be filled first.

Anyway, JasperReports performs these operations in memory, and temporary files are only created when a virtualizer is used. The location of the temporary files is given by the virtualizer, which is created by the caller and not by JasperReports itself.

HTH,

Lucian