JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

XPath not finding datasource except from iReport

justis

Something is different between my iReport environment and my hand coded Java tester, but I can't figure out what it is. I'm doing some very simple XPath as a proof of concept and my sample data file only has 3 rows of data. They display fine when it gets filled from iReport 2.0.2, but it only has one line (and all the values are "null") when I run it from the following Java code:

Code:

Of particular interest, note that it's resolving the logo and title, which are also retrieved by XPath. It seems to only be missing the data from "report-data/row".

Here's a ZIP file with the JRXML and the XML data: [file name=xpath_to_nowhere.zip size=1989]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/xpath_to_nowhere.zip[/file]

Does anyone have suggestions?

Kind regards,

Justis

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I also noticed that iReport was using a different query executor factory than I was, so I tried that. Still the same results, with either one of these as the factory:

Code:
JRProperties.setProperty("net.sf.jasperreports.query.executer.factory.xpath2", "com.jaspersoft.jrx.query.JRXPathQueryExecuterFactory"«»);
JRProperties.setProperty("net.sf.jasperreports.query.executer.factory.xpath2", "net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRXPathQueryExecuterFactory"«»);

Kind regards,

Justis

I found the solution elsewhere on the forums:

http://www.jasperforge.org/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=215&func=view&catid=8&id=28811

It turns out that the problem was that I was passing it a JRXmlDataSource when filling the report, when I should have been passing the XML as a org.w3c.dom.Document into the parameters map.

Thanks to Lucian for answering it clearly in the other thread.

Kind regards,

Justis