Jasperserver direct report URL error

kingsnet

Hi there,

I've downloaded the latest jasperserver install for windows and set it up for anonymous access. My intention is to directly access two reports created in ireports via a url.Both reports are the same but the data source is MS Access for one (A), MySQL for the other (B).

Here's my URL:

http://ws02:8080/jasperserver/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&_eventId_selectReport=yes&reportUnit=/reports/cellsmysql&decorate=no&output=pdf

When I click the link,(A)gets me a PDF but (B) produces an error:

org.springframework.webflow.engine.NoMatchingTransitionException: No transition was matched on the event(s) signaled by the [1] action(s) that executed in this action state 'checkForParams' of flow 'viewReportFlow'; transitions must be defined to handle action result outcomes -- possible flow configuration error? Note: the eventIds signaled were: 'array<String>['error']', while the supported set of transitional criteria for this action state is 'array<TransitionCriteria>[[eventId = 'yes'], [eventId = 'no']]'.

They both work if accessed directly from the repository.

Any ideas please?

Post edited by: kingsnet, at: 2008/01/05 15:25

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kingsnet

This involves Spring web-flow.

You need to bring up the file:

jasperserverjasperserver-warsrcmainwebappWEB-INFflowsviewReportFlow.xml

and take a look at the <transistion> tags. Apparently the state <transistion on="selectReport" ... /> is missing.

BTW, the state doesn't exist out-of-the-box for JasperServer. How did you compose the URL with parameter

_eventId_selectReport=yes?

-Alex

You are right, it isn't defined. But in all working examples I've seen, the parameter you refer to appears as &_eventId_selectReport=& in the URL - no parameter. In my situation for the MySQL data source I can include &_eventId_selectReport=& and get the error or leave it out and still get the error. So I'm not so sure if that's the problem.

Also for the Access data source, I can do the same thing and still get a pdf succesfully.

I tried something else out. The error report refers to an actionstate 'checkforparams' in viewReportFlow.xml and seems to imply it can only handle a transition for 'yes' or 'no', but it's being asked to handle 'error' which is not defined. To check this out I added a transition for 'error' to checkforparams and picked another defined action just to see what would happen. Sure enough, it actioned whatever transition I chose!. What I don't know is why the error exists and what it is as the errorpage transition just gives me a blank page.

Hope you can help

many thanks

Ouch!! I think I dropped the ball there, the URI was incorrect. I missed out the underscore in cells_mysql! that cost me ages.

Thanks ever so much for your assistance, what a relief!.

PS - is there a way to handle this basic error more in a more explanatory way?

Ouch!! I think I dropped the ball there, the URI was incorrect. I missed out the underscore in cells_mysql! that cost me ages.

Thanks ever so much for your assistance, what a relief!.

PS - is there a way to handle this basic error more in a more explanatory way?