We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

package net.sf.jasperreports.engine does not exist

mi12
Go to solution Solved by lucianc,

Hi,

I am using JasperReport API, when I am calling the JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(srcFile, destFile) with in the plugin, it showing one error,

package net.sf.jasperreports.engine does not exist import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.*;

The error occurs at :-

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:193)

But the the JasperReport library in the classpath, still it is showing the error.

Here, I am also attaching the complete log in a file "Error-d191c384c2eaf4afef3263a23d60bed6.txt".

[file name=Error-d191c384c2eaf4afef3263a23d60bed6.txt size=23689]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/Error-d191c384c2eaf4afef3263a23d60bed6.txt[/file]

Post edited by: arupranjans, at: 2007/11/29 11:18

Post edited by: arupranjans, at: 2007/11/30 08:30

Post edited by: arupranjans, at: 2007/11/30 08:31

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lucian,

Thanks for a quick reply,

I have included the "jdt-compiler-3.1.1.jar", found in the lib directory of the Jasper Report Project.

But, still it is showing the same error.

"Package doesn't exist".

"jdt-compiler-3.1.1.jar" is used to compile the Report Design templet(.jrxml file) without creating any temporary file.

Currently, I am using the below code to compile the Report Design Templet to generate the compile report(.jasper file)

Code:

JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(srcFile, destFile);

After including the "jdt-compiler-3.1.1.jar", will it requires any changes to compile the Report Design or the above code is correct?

Because it is still showing the same ERROR.

Thanks for your help.

Post edited by: arupranjans, at: 2007/11/30 08:33

arupranjans wrote:

After including the "jdt-compiler-3.1.1.jar", will it requires any changes to compile the Report Design or the above code is correct?

The code does not need to be changed, the JDT compiler will be automatically used to compile the report.

If the JDT compiler does not work, I'm afraid I don't have any other clues on what's wrong.

Regards,

Lucian

PS: You keep mentioning a "plugin", but there's no reference to what exactly the "plugin" is.

• 5 months later...