use sum of values in detail band

BatiB80

Hi,

I've a question which ahs been discussed here several times, but it seems that all the solutions are'nt working for me.

Following problem: In my detail-band I show a field named $F{customerCount}. In the summary section I sum up this field and show the sum: $V{sumCustomerCount}. That is working fine.

But additionally to the customerCount I want to show the percentage value of this customerCount from sum of customerCount. Therefor I added a new variable:

new BigDecimal($F{customerCount}.doubleValue() / $V{sumCustomerCount}.doubleValue())

But this isn't working somehow. It seems, that the value for the sum isn't calculated yet.

Does anybody knows what to do???

Thanks,

Sebastian

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lucian,

thanks for your answer, but this seems not to be working for me. If I directly place the sum field in my detail band and set the evaluation type to auto everything is fine. In each detail band I have the same value for sum. But I try to use the field in another varible to calculate a percentage value. In this case the sum only contains the sum of all values printed until now.

For example:

Count | Sum should be | % should be | % is

1 | 9 | 1/9 = 11% | 1/1 = 100%

3 | 9 | 3/9 = 33% | 3/4 = 75%

5 | 9 | 5/9 = 56% | 5/9 = 56%

I tried a lot with changing evaluation type for all fields but it isn't working...

Any ideas???

Post edited by: BatiB80, at: 2007/11/27 07:45

BatiB80 wrote:

thanks for your answer, but this seems not to be working for me. If I directly place the sum field in my detail band and set the evaluation type to auto everything is fine. In each detail band I have the same value for sum. But I try to use the field in another varible to calculate a percentage value. In this case the sum only contains the sum of all values printed until now.

evaluationTime="Auto" only works for text fields, so if you need to compute a percentage you'll have to do it in the text field itself (like the "jasper" sample does).

Regards,

Lucian

• 10 years later...