Wrong MySQL timestamp with SimpleDateFormat

DarkRaven

Hi !

I've a problem with the integration of MySQL timestamps in the iReports. A normal MySQL timestamp looks like this 1195642306 (translation: 21.11.2007 - 11:51:46 (german format)).

I selected the databasefield in iReport as java.sql.timestamp and used the following code in a TextField of iReport: new SimpleDateFormat("dd.MM.yyyy - HH:mm:ss").format($F{logs_timestamp})

But the values didn't match. For the example timestamp (above) the result is 03.01.2019 - 23:06:00.

What is wrong ? I've no idea ! :blink:

Greets

Christian

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I think I've found the problem, but did not know how to cast.

After adding a secound TextField in the report with the code: $F{logs_timestamp}.toString()

I'm able to see the roughly data from the timestamp. It sais: 2019-1-03 23:06:00.0

So this seems to be a wrong type cast. Did you know how I can cast the timestamp from string to java.sql.timestamp ? :huh:

Have you try with the pattern on the textfield property. I've solve all my date problems with that.

Go to, textfield properties and in the TextField tab you'll see a pattern you can get help from the create button is pattern editor. let me know how it goes please

Hi !

Ok, I tried so, but this has the same effect. I found some information about the timestamp format which is used in java.sql.timestamp. You have to change the MySQL table field value to timestamp. Then it looks like 05-04-2007 12:15:04.3 and only then you can use it with iReport and SimpleDateFormat or with the pattern.

I'll try this... :woohoo:

[color=#FF0000]SOLVED !!![/color]

Damned ! That's it !

You have to change the databasefield to type:timestamp. But be careful ! This change deletes all values in the timestamp fields at first ! So it's good to have a test server ! :whistle:

Thanks to all helping hands ! ;)