JasperServer Licence disables JasperAnalysis

Exie

Hi Folks,

I might be in a real bind, we just brought a jaser server licence as we are mostly using pre-canned, parameter driven reports.

However we did have 1 cube we have been developing, I didnt think we would need any commercial support for JasperAnalysis just yet, and assumed we could continue building it up in our own time.

However after installing the commercial licence for JasperServer, it's disabled my cube saying its not a licenced feature.

So I'm now wondering if I can mix an opensource/un-supported copy of JasperAnalysis under one tomcat instance with a supported copy of JasperServer running under another tomcat instance (or on separate servers perhaps) ?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be able to run Pro JasperServer and open source in the same environment (sounds like you are using tomcat).

The only tricky thing is that by default, both products look for the jasperserver database to be called "jasperserver".

Probably best to use your Pro version untouched (for simplicity). Take a look at the Install Guide for the war file distribution zip manual installation and follow these steps for OS except make the database be called something like "jasperserver_os".

Pro and OS can co-exist because the URL used is "japserserver-pro" vs "jasperserver" so no conflict there.

I think the easiest thing to do would be to find an old, extra box and then use the installer to install JasperServer OS.