We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

exception in subreport

hyma.m

hi all,

iam using iReport1.2.5.

i have created MasterReport with one subreport.

i passed subreport as a parameter in MasterReport.

the code as follows.....

<subreportParameter name="studentId">

<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[$F{StudentId}]]></subreportParameterExpression>

</subreportParameter>

<connectionExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_CONNECTION}]]></connectionExpression>

<subreportExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$P{subReport_path}]]></ subreportExpression>

</subreport>

The parameter contains the complete path of subreport.

when iam trying to run the report through java code ,iam getting the following exception...

In ReportGenDAO.java Could not load object from location : D:FullMVCMagnusMVCMagnus(Academics)buildwebReportsMarketingStudentDropoutSubReport.jasper Could not load object from location : D:FullMVCMagnusMVCMagnus(Academics)buildwebReportsMarketingStudentDropoutSubReport.jasper

wht's problem in that.

please help me.

thank you.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't have anything to do with the way you've set up your subreport parameter.

The problem is that the report engine can't find the subreport's .jasper file. This will happen for one of two simple reasons:

1) you haven't compiled the subreport so that the .jasper file is available.

2) the path to the subreports .jasper file is not valid in the main report. This can happen if you are building on a PC and publishing to Linux where the relative paths to the same directory are completely different. It can also happen if you have set your default compilation directory (under Options-Settings-Compiler) to anything other than the Reports Directory and you haven't explicitly pointed to the right path in your main report's design.

I think the problem is with the path to your subreport. The value that your report is picking up is

D:FullMVCMagnusMVCMagnus(Academics)buildwebReportsMarketingStudentDropoutSubReport.jasper

Either your missing the / in the path or they are somehow getting removed.

when u are specifying the SUBREPORT_PATH instead of "" use "/" as in java "/" is use for directory or for path. In ur subreport expression write the following:

$P{SUBREPORT_DIR} +"/"+ "yourjasperfile.jasper"

how to get subreport expresion:

right click on subreport, go to properties. Click on subreort(other)tab.

Hope this helps u? :)

Adios,

Vikingh

Post edited by: vikingh, at: 2007/10/17 03:22

i followed ur suggestions.

But still iam getting the same exception as follows.......

In ReportGenDAO.java Could not load object from location : D:FullMVCMagnusMVCMagnus(Academics)buildwebReportsMarketing/StudentDropoutSubReport.jasper

the subreport expression i used is

<subreportExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$P{subReport_path}+"/"+ "StudentDropoutSubReport.jasper"]]</subreportExpression>

Probaly because $P{SUBREPORT_DIR} is also not correct

I assume the directory that your report is in is called

FullMVCMagnusMVCMagnus(Academics)BuildwebReportsMarketing

So $P{SUBREPORT_DIR} should be

D:/FullMVCMagnusMVCMagnus(Academics)buildwebReportsMarketing

• 8 months later...

I solved this by passing a hashmap parameter

parameters.put("SUBREPORT_DIR", "actual path to the subreport.jasper file location" );

should also end with a backslash , don't forget escape characters '' if you are hard-coding the path rather than use a file.getAbosolutePath() or something..

You have to mention in the subReport.jasper location correctly. First check by opening in i-report the subReport.jrxml report properties to see if the name matches with the correct name, for example, "childReport" given in the parentReport.jrxml's subReport location/expression as $P{SUBREPORT_DIR} + "childReport.jasper"

Make sure that the child is compiled to a .jasper before running your parent. If you don't know how to do that let me know!!!

Post edited by: pvradhakrishna, at: 2008/06/24 03:52