We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

urgent:Multiple Queries on Single Report

rbojja

Hi all,

I am new to Jasper .I need to work on a report which is basically single report,but there are multiple queries in this.

eg: column header is based on query one .details are based on query two and like wise 3,4 queries.

I tried using subdataset and subreports.

can any one help me how to work furthur on this.As i am running short of time as i am commited to my client.

very urgent plz

Thanks,

Raghav

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Raghav,

I had a similar requirement to run multiple queries and successfully used subreports. I don't think people can help you unless you give more detail of what specific problem you are experiencing and/or what exactly you are trying to achieve.

-stephen

Hi ,

The requirement is i want to run a report based on four individual queries.

query one - page header

query two - Column Header

Query three - Detail band

query four - page footer

All this scenario i explained for better understanding of issue.

All the queries are independent of their own.

Thanks

Jasper does not support multiple queries in one report file - you use sub reports for that. Sub datasets are only for crosstab reports and charts.

First:

1. Create a sub report for each of the three queries and the layout in the appropriate bands for the query data.

Next:

1. Create three separate groups in the main report.

2. Add a sub report to each group header band pointing at the sub reports you created in first part.

NOTE: You could have one query in the main report with the layout for that queries data in the main report and add only 2 sub reports for the other queries by creating 2 groups instead of three. Don't use default bands (Column header/footer, page header/footer summary) for sub reports as there is less control over the sub report layout from the top level that way.

Hi ,

Can you explain a little bit more about point

1)1. Create a sub report for each of the three queries and the layout in the appropriate bands for the query data. ?

2. Add a sub report to each group header band pointing at the sub reports you created in first part. ?

can you explain a little bit more on these please

-Raghav

Create a sub report as if it is a main report that has a query and lay out your data as if it is a self standing report but do not include page headers and footers (these will be done in the main report).

For each different query you create a separate file and lay out the data.

As long as the sub reports are referenced from a group band in the main report (create three groups with no "Group Expression" set), you can set the main report to always call the sub reports and does not need a query in the main report -> in "Report Properties" select the "More..." tab and for the field "When no data" select "All pages no detail" You must pass a report connection to the sub reports though so in the sub report report properties you must set the connection parameter.