We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Generating a report

mkiranmk

Hi, I'm new to Jasper reports. I have gone thru some of the available intro's and tutorial like IBM and devx.

In these tutorials the demos are using the following piece of code to generate a report in particular format, say PDF and store it to some location.

Code:
JasperExportManager.exportReportToPdfFile 

Is it not possible to just show the report without saving to any location. Because this report is like a status report at any particular time. So any user should be able to just click a link/button to get the current status report. Once the report is generated then it is upto the user wheather he want to save it or just dispose it.

How can I achieve this? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are developing web application then you can show that report in html using JRHtmlExporter in jasper,

have a look at this url which has sample web application

http://www.jwebhosting.net/servlets/jr123/index.html, same application is available in demo folder of jasper(jasperreports-1.2.7/demo/samples/webapp).

Post edited by: rathina04, at: 2007/10/01 06:04

Hi, Further to this can we have any link in the generated reports. For ex: I have a report of all the list of employees. Now I want to make each of the employee id as a link and upon clicking it should display the employee details in another report.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.