We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Parameterized the MDX Query

muttou

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At first you should explain in which way you want to use the olap engine comming with jasperserver:

Do you want to use the jpivot interface or are you trying to create reports built on jasperreports and an mondrian datasource.

The jpivot interface has no ability to use parameterized mdx query and this is nor the target of such an interface.

with jasperreports and an mondrian datasource you can make parameterized mdx query.

but you have to have some knowledge about the structure of mdx and the mondrian olap database.

By the way: you should not post 5 or 6 topics at one day. be yourself clear about the problem and than

post a significant question.

hth, jens

Dear Sir thanks for ur reply with the sufficient instructions actually i want to clear the forum that its public & open source discussion forum so every person has rights to say all & my team is working on this products and started its production so definitely if we will get any sort of problem and query while using Jasper Product where we suppose to get the solution & even u don't have the professional documentation so my cool buddy if u can answer properly then we will pursue on Jasper product otherwise want to go to the Oracle Sibel BI Products and Top Management also want to implement. i was convening them to move on this product lets see whats happen...

///////////////////////////////

now my actual Problem is that i m using the jasperreports and an mondrian datasource and getting the desired results on Page/Japer Analysis Reports now i want to make the Parameterized MDX query like on

where command {[TIME].[2007]} replace {[TIME].[request.getParameter('YEAR')]} etc i think its better shape for ur understanding.. again thanks for ur advice....

Nasir

With this description i can help you a lot more than with your initial post:

with jasperserver you can pass the values from input controls to a jasperreport, so the user that is running the report for example chooses the year and the month.

These two parameters are passed to the report. in this report you can define parameters which must have the same name as the input controls. then you can use this parameters to modify the slicers value in the way you posted ist.

if you want to have an overview of the capabilities of jasperserver and the olap functionality there are some example reports comming with the open source version.

there your can see how input controls are working and there is also an example of an report built on an mondrian connection.

you can open the underlieing jrxml files with ireport an than see how an report with jasperreports has to be created.

hope this helps you a little

again thanks for the reply..but Dear i know that we can parametrized the Jasper Reports Query my actual problem is to know about MDX Query that uses in Drill Drop Analysis Reports which extract the results via Mondrian Schema and displayed via jpivot Component like an example below

SELECT {[Measures].[Production], [Measures].[Reprocess],[Measures].[LotCount]} ON COLUMNS,

{([TIME],[Methods],[Machines])} ON ROWS

FROM [Dyeing]

where [TIME].[2007].[Q1].[MAR]

can i replace it with

SELECT {[Measures].[Production], [Measures].[Reprocess],[Measures].[LotCount]} ON COLUMNS,

FROM [Dyeing]

where [TIME].[request.getparameter("Year")].[Q1].[MAR]

or

String var = [TIME].[request.getParameter("Year")].[Q1].[MAR]

FROM [Dyeing]

where <%= var %>

could it may be case....

i have seen the monderian examples (Basic interface for ad hoc queries equipped with the Jasper Analysis server)in this sample they passed the different MDX Queries as whole as single parameter like

var = "SELECT {[Measures].[Production], [Measures].[Reprocess],[Measures].[LotCount]} ON COLUMNS,

FROM [Dyeing]

where [TIME].[2007]";

and get the val of Parameter which is complete MDX. any way i will try my own to see the results either it can use or not as mentioned above. thanks for ur reply and support... hope for the good corresponding in future....Thanks Nasir.