We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Oracle Patch Upgrade JS 1.2 to 2.0

JMoralesGER

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi kidice,

many thanks, but I have already an installed JS 1.2.1 and need only the upgrade to JS 2.0.0 for Oracle (similar to the one for MySQL, attached) to install the new WAR-File.

I'm not sure, if I can extract the parts which are to be changed from your SQL-File.

Again, many thanks,

Jorge

Hi kidice,

thanks for your help. I could not use your file directly, but I have made some adaptations, to be near to the known sql-commands (used during the installation from JS 1.2.1), giving the attached sql-part as a result.

I suppose, there are still some problems, because the upgraded (to JS 2.0.0) installation does not start, giving the attached log-part out.

Please, take a look on that txt-file, to find possible errors on upgrading the oracle DB (Solaris'10 Oracle'10).

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend,

Jorge

[file name=upgradeOracle_JS_1.txt size=81922]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/upgradeOracle_JS_1.txt[/file]

have you created an hibernate sequence? if not use this query:

Code:

CREATE SEQUENCE hibernate_sequence INCREMENT BY 1 MINVALUE 10 NOMAXVALUE CACHE 20 NOCYCLE NOORDER;

//edit: do you have a table called "THIS_14_" and a column called "VISIBLE"? have you set the dialect in hibernate.properties to oracle??

Post edited by: kidice, at: 2007/07/13 12:34

Hi kidice,

yes, I have created the hibernate sequence (see please everything attached); there is no table with this name (THIS_14_); and I have the hibernate.properties set to oracle (hibernate.properties).

Many thanks for your help!,

Jorge [file name=hibernate.txt size=371]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/hibernate.txt[/file]

i think your tables are complete... i think that you don't need the table "JIREPORTDATASOURCE" anymore, because it isnt listed in the "jasperserver-create.ddl"

//edit: have you configured your mysql-ds.xml or a similar file which contains the jdbc/jasperserver connection to your oracle database??

Post edited by: kidice, at: 2007/07/13 13:55

morning,

I use tomcat 5.5.23 and the last JasperServer version (1.2.1) was running there.

I have prepared new reports, using parameter-lists (that is, X at the place of $P).

Only the new version (2.0.0) has this possibility implemented; that is the reason!

I need only to upgrade from 1.2.1 to 2.0.0 (The JS software is ready, the DB still not).

thanks a lot,

Jorge