Error installing JasperServer 2.0

pdd_2003_1

I am trying to install JasperServer onto a Win 2000 SR4 server. The server already has tomcat 1.4.2_07 installed and I chose to use this installation of tomcat instead of letting setup add another copy.

The error message comes up towards the end of the installation..

==============

There has been an error.

Error running C:PROGRA~1/JASPER~1/scripts/js-import.bat --input-dir js - catalog : The input line is too long.

".cpappend.bat was unexpected at this time.

The application will exit now

OK

==============

Should I allow JasperServer to install it's own version of tomcat?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the same error (when installing jasperserver-1.3.4-windows-installer.exe) and not found the solution yet. It fails in the install step "creating database (2/2)".

I tried changing the install location to "c:jspr" and that did not help either.

I even tried installing an earlier version jasperserver-1.2.1-windows-installer.exe and hit the same problem.

Post edited by: sietzd, at: 2007/07/20 19:17

The installer unfortunately does not run successfully (when sample data is chosen to be installed) on Win2K machines. This is due to the DOS environment space limitation when the installer attempts to execute the the java utility that carries out the import operation.

On Win2K, you can install from the War File Distribution: jasperserver-2.0-bin.zip. Follow the steps in the docs/jasperserver-2.0-install-guide.pdf (War File installation section). Or you can install and choose not to have sample data.

I will be fixing this problem by setting up the import operation to be run via ant. Since people running Win2K are hitting this error.

-Tony