JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Error using new ant task

By: Ryan Johnson - delscovich

Error using new ant task

2003-04-17 14:50

Hi all,

I just downloaded version 0.4.6 and tried to use the new ant task. It returned the following error message on all of my report templates:

SEVERE: Parse Warning at line 1 column -1: Declared encoding "UTF-8" does not match actual one "Cp1252"; this might not be an error.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Declared encoding "UTF-8" does not match actual one "Cp1252"; this might not be an error.

I tried changing the encoding of the report xml to ISO-8859-15, and got the exact same error message!

The really strange part is that they still build fine if I use the JasperManager.compile() method I had been using

Any ideas?

Ryan

By: Teodor Danciu - teodord

RE: Error using new ant task

2003-04-18 01:01

Hi,

Why "ISO-8859-15" and not "ISO-8859-1"?

Thank you,

Teodor

By: Ryan Johnson - delscovich

2003-04-18 08:44

I actually did try ISO-8859-1 first, but one of your other posts suggested ISO-8859-15 (Message 1782138), so I tried it, too. The same thing happened either way.

Some people in that same thread have said it might be a problem with the System Property "org.xml.sax.driver" not being set to "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser." Does this make sense to you? I did notice it was a Crimson parser that gave the exception

Thanks,

Ryan

By: Steinar Overbeck Cook - steinarc

2003-04-20 05:50

I had same prolem, cause: ant.jar version 1.4.1 mounted. Solution: mount ant.jar version 1.5.1

This solved my problem at least :-)

Steinar

By: Steinar Overbeck Cook - steinarc

2003-04-20 07:52

Hmmm, my previous posting was only partially right.

I'm using NetBeans and only got this error when running the application from within NetBeans. Running the application via Jakarta Ant outside NetBeans turned out to work perfectly.

My conclusion to this is that NetBeans has installed its own set of XML jar-files, which obviously conflicts with the requirements of JasperReports.

To remedy this I mounted ant.jar 1.5.1 which obviously superseeded the configuration of NetBeans.

When running outside of NetBeans I did not have to change anything as I'm running JDK 1.4.1 and thus have all the required libraries available by default.

By: Teodor Danciu - teodord

2003-05-07 10:03

Hi,

Here's a patch for this:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=733882&group_id=36382&atid=416705

Thank you,

Teodor

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic