problem with oracle connection

ciryll

hi

i just install jasper ETL and try to make connection to my databases.

the oracle connection got problem :

1- i would like to specify to use an OCI driver instead of the thin driver. we got previously problem when connection with thin driver on the database due to the lobs.

2 - when using thin driver, i try to import the schema, but after selecting tables, the next step show me only one (metadata) without any column and nothing about the table i choose before . what is my problem ?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ciryll,

What versions of Oracle and of JasperETL are you using?

With JasperETL v2.0.2 I'm able to make connections to Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 without problems using either Thin or OCI.

1. When you make a database connection you have a choice for the "DB Type". You have the choices "Oracle with SID" and "Oracle with service name" among others. These should be exactly what you need (despite being really terrible names). They correspond to Oracle Thin and Oracle OCI respectively (you can tell this by looking at the connection string).

2. For this question it's unclear what's going wrong for you. Obviously you are getting connected because you're able to get a table list. Normally on the next step you'll see the list of tables on the left in the box that's labeled "Schema" (it ought to be labeled "Tables"). On the right you see the details for the table that you've selected in the other box labeled "Schema" (it ought to be labeled "Columns").

Can you give any additional details (beyond the version numbers) about your situation?

Regards,

Matt

JasperSoft

hi matt

thanks to reply

I'm using those versions :

JasperETL

Version: V2.0.2

Build id: r3513-20070521-1149

oracle

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production

1. i try to change between "service name" and "SID" but the URL connection always use "thin" driver. i try with both method and get same error (can connect but can't get back the schema)

2. i know exactly what i should get back because i'm using a postgresql connection and this one works fine.

when click on "select all", i have check with the DBA and see the sql is sent to the database and the database reply, but jasper ETL stay in pending mode.

another information, i have no problem to execute a request from a "built-in" connection.