We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Compiling from source to use MS SQL Server

hithereeveryone

Having two problems here. First, I don't think I can get the pre-compiled JasperServer to use MS SQL Data sources and please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Second problem is compiling. I can't use Maven because of my network's protection (thank you government IT) and I'd like to use ANT. I've figured out all the dependency issues and am ready to rock, but I'm looking for an ant script. Does anyone have one?

Please let me know if this is just crazy talk. I'm married, so I'm used to being called incompetent. :)

Thanks.

-HI

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason to for recompiling to use MS SQL Server instead of the standard MySQL is database configuration. Have a look at the WAR install guide to see what you can do to create a MS SQL Server database creation script and config changes in the WAR. There are postings in this forum about this.

There may be ways to convert from Maven to Ant, but I don't know how. You should be able to get a local Maven repository and configure to use that.

I do not want to cast aspersions on your true karma, but on JasperForge, you have to earn it B)

Sherman

JasperSoft

I can but work on my jasperforge Karma :)

So, concentrating on MS SQL Server, I can see where you are setting up connections in that context.xml and where hibernate3 gets it's SQL flavor. I'm assuming that I'll have to stuff the appropriate jars into the /lib directory as well.

I'm wondering what effect this will have, if any on the opperating of Jasperserver. I was under the impression that Jasper used MySQL for it's own internal configuration, but in looking around, there are several .XML files that appear to do that job themselves. Since Hibernate is being used, and unless they have done something clever or I'm mistaken, you can only use one type of datasource with Hibernate I take it Jasper can only use one type of database at a time.

These all sound like statements, but I'm really wondering how correct my impression of things are and if I'm wrong, where the holes are.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Peace.

Patrick.

JasperServer uses a Hibernate, database backed repository to store all the content it needs, like report templates, data source definitions etc. Note the data source definitions. You can have a MySQL repository for JasperServer, and define data sources to other databases. All you need is the JDBC drivers, and then you can configure the data sources from the screens in JasperServer.

Sherman

JasperSoft