Horizontal To Vertical Conversion @seperatorRemove

kogantivijay

Hi ,

I am using Ireport to design my page.I have stuck up with a small problem and wasted almost the whole day to find out still in VAin..

I have a Field ->Column(InDB) that i have placed in the ireport .The Value of that Column will be " ABC,EFG,HGI,KXY,ZLM,MUO " Now when i am printing the Column value in my Report it should display like -->

ABC

EFG

HGI

KXY

ZLM

MUO ___> This is all i need I guess it has to do with some settings but tried every thing ...

Can some one Help me out..as i need it very Urgent

Thanks,

vijay kumar k.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I understand you correctly you have a data source that is spitting out each element horizontally instead of vertically.

If this is the case do the following

In the tool go to

Edit -> Report Properties -> More tab

Make sure that the property "Print Order" is set to "Vertical".

hI..I think i have not explained my Problem properly..Let me keep it simple..

My Report has got a Design Like this..

OS Values :$F{OS}

This one Fetched the Values from my DataBase Column OS which has got value like this: "ABC,EFG,HGI,KXY,ZLM,MUO"

When i reun my Report It is printing like this :

OS Values :ABC,EFG,HGI,KXY,ZLM,MUO

But i need my Report to print like this:

OS Values :ABC

EFG

HGI

KXY

ZLM

MUO

Hope i am clear this time svenn..Please Advice me on this as it is really Urgent..

Thanks,

vijay kumar k.

You could create a Java class to pars the information and place it in a Java object. You could then pass this object to a subreport. The subreport would the iterate through the objects data.

This approach would require a far bit of coding. I cannot think of an easier way to do this.

vijay,

May I ask if the value - "ABC,EFG,HGI,KXY,ZLM,MUO" is a single line of text or is it a series of individual records returned by your query?

If they are individual records, you can display them with a single textField (with the corresponding field inside).

If it's a single line of text... well, I still have to look into that and tell you if I have any crazy idea that might be of use to you. :)

edwin

Post edited by: edwin, at: 2007/05/17 19:06