System requirments

m17shah

Hi,

We are trying to install JasperIntelligence on Linux machine. I'm looking for system requirements documents.

I searched on the forum and various web pages, but I could not find the info. I will really appreciate, if somebody can help me out with this.

Thanks

Manish

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer is: it depends!

The base application in Tomcat requires at least 128MB for the JVM.

When running JasperReports, large reports (#pages, content) require memory. Some data sources hold a lot in memory too as they are feeding the report - not SQL! Multiple users have session memory requirements, so as the number of simultaneous users goes up, so do memory requirements.

What we find is that JasperServer is data source bound in terms of performance - the query time is the bottleneck for performance.

For OLAP, you need as much memory as possible, as OLAP results are cached between query requests for performance. We recommend at least 1GB.

Sherman

JasperSoft

• 4 years later...

We are migrating reports from Crystal  to Jasper Server, we have more than 100 reports, 15 reports may hit server simultanously. In QA we have allocated 3GB, while load testing 1 of the report has taken almost 3 GB memmory server got hanged, the Stored procedure which generates the report is slow. It hard to believe 1 report has consumed 3 GB of memory no matter hoe bad is the procedure. I don't mind if big report takes time to generate, but it take more memory other reports are going to get effected since server gets hanged.

Any help is appreciated.