JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

every other page is empty

wjones14

I have a very simple report that prints to an Epson LQ-2180 dot matrix printer. The report prints to envelopes of size HALFLETTER. HALFLETTER is one-half the height of LETTER paper, so it is 5.5 inches (13.97 cm) high by 8.5 inches (21.59 cm) wide. I am using Portrait mode.

My report properties are like this:

name="blindbreaker"

columnCount="1"

printOrder="Vertical"

orientation="Portrait"

pageWidth="612"

pageHeight="396"

columnWidth="446"

columnSpacing="0"

leftMargin="87"

rightMargin="79"

topMargin="76"

bottomMargin="49"

whenNoDataType="NoPages"

isTitleNewPage="false"

isSummaryNewPage="false"

I have tried printing the report as both PDF and directly to the printer using the PrintServiceExporter. In both cases, it prints an empty page in between each printed page. In Adobe, the PDF report looks good, with no empty pages in between.

The height of all report bands is 0, except for the detail, which is 271 [396 - (76 + 49)].

Does anyone know how to eliminate the empty pages?

Thanks,

Bill

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a solution that works. In the report properties, declare the paper size as LETTER (8.5 inches wide by 11 inches high) instead of the actual HALFLETTER (8.5 inches wide by 5.5 inches high).

Then, remove the top and bottom margins from the report, and fix the first line to print exactly on the page where you want it to print (Fixed position). Size the detail band to 1/2 the page size; 792/2 = 396.

Then the report will print 2 records on LETTER paper, but one record on the HALFLETTER paper.

The only downside to this is if you print an odd number of records, there will be one blank paper at the end. But that is far better than every other page, and perfectly acceptable for my application.

• 6 years later...

Do you have any elements which overflow with other data below with is fixed? 

I found an issue wher I had overflow elements and then data fixed at teh bottom of the page - when this overflowed it seemed to cause the detail band to overflow causing a blank page.