Null property value and cannot be resolved to a ty

fwhorton

Hello All: I am trying to create a report (environment: Oracle, Hibernate, Spring, iReport). Maybe this is in creating a report 101 but I did not see it. Sorry to write so much but I wanted to be clear.

I am selecting from the "project" table and trying create a java.lang.Long field "manager.peopleId" which "manager" is a foriegn key to the "peopleId" field within the "people" table and get a Null property value for 'manager' java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null property value for 'manager' when I try to print the field but the report compiles.

So I change "manager.peopleId" field expression to:

($F{manager.peopleId}==null

? (new Long(0))

: (new Long(1)))

And I still get a Null property value for 'manager' java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null property value for 'manager' when I try to print the field but the report compiles.

So I delete the "manager.peopleId" field and create a "manager" field with class type com.thesdg.capitalvision.data.org.People, change expression class to java.lang.String, and change the field expression to:

($F{manager}!=null

?$F{manager}.getPersonFirstName() + " "

+ $F{manager}.getPersonLastName()

:"")

Now I receive the following Check Expresion Error: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``(((com.thesdg.capitalvision.data.org.People)field_manager.getValue())!=null ?(( . . . '' : Class: com.thesdg.capitalvision.data.org.People not found in namespace

com .thesdg .capitalvision .data .org .People

Line: 1

I cannot compile the file with the error: Errors compiling C:Documents and SettingsFred WhortonMy DocumentsWorkBenchcapvisWebRootreportsProjectContract.jasper.

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file:

1. com.thesdg.capitalvision.data.org.People cannot be resolved to a type value = (java.lang.Long)((((com.thesdg.capitalvision.data.org.People)field_manager.getValue())!=null

But the report now displays the information...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

fw.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic