We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

design invoice help

mau72

I must develop to the press of a module invoice. Every column in detail in the body of the invoice is delimited in classic way from edges that join the head of the document to the foot. It is the rectangles that the lines cannot go in overflow in the bands of the report therefore do not succeed to understand as I can make of the continuous lines… Someone has already resolved the problem? Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe that no one has never developed a report with jasper for the print of a invoice or transport document.

How have you solved the problem of the vertical lines of the columns which go from header to footer seen that it is impossible to know the number of details beforehand?

Can anyone help me ... Giulio ... Teodor ...

Thanks.

I would think about using static text fields as a background, and make use of their vertical borders to create the illusion of columns. Then you would put your details, and these static text fields into your detail bands. Be sure not to have any wasted space. Group items together, and perhaps select 'to largest object' as a resizing option for each detail band.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Hello Mike, thanks for the help attempt. You have tried the solution that you have proposed to me? I have verified that not works …

Unfortunately this problem absolutely was not previewed in Crystal Report because it is possible to design single lines and rectangles that overlap sections… and now in iReport I do not know how to make this ...

Anyone can help me?

Design a subreport that has no headers or footers, just the detail section. It should produce a continuous list of rows (line items) for all invoices.

Place the subreport into the detail section of the main report and size it to fit between the headers and footers.

The main report will need to pass the invoice number to the subreport. The subreport will need to pass back any totals (such as dollar value subtotals).

The main report should be grouped according to how you want to total things. If you group on invoice number then you would (for example) set up the group footer to display the returned subtotal, apply any taxes and discounts, and display the total for the invoice.