We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Web services client examples posted

swood

The examples show how to connect to JasperServer to browse and maintain the repository, and run reports via Web Services. There is a PHP and a Java web application (WAR) provided.

To get the samples:

* Downloads

* JasperIntelligence 1.2 (includes JasperServer and JasperAnalysis)

You will see JasperServer-1.2-WS-Client-Samples.zip in the list of files to download.

Sherman

JasperSoft

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI,

I has downloaded jasper server 1.2 and has installed it, i has also downloaded JasperServer-1.2-WS-Client-Samples, i have a question, how to install the SampleWebApp and is there any documentation for SampleWebApp?

Thanks for reply.

Regards,

Vincent.

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to get the web services samples to work. However I am not having any success.

I downloaded thJasperServer-1.2-WS-Client-Samples, but there are not any notes or documentation on how to set it up. I get the following error when I try to access this sample from my tomcat server

Code:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

An error occurred at line: 3 in the jsp file: /index.jsp
Generated servlet error:
/var/lib/tomcat-5.5/work/Catalina/localhost/web/org/apache/jsp/index_jsp.java:52: package com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.sample does not exist
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.sample.WSClient client = new com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.sample.WSClient(

There were no setup instructions or notes in the readme, so here is what I did to set it up:

1. download the zip

2. unzip - which gave me the following

Code:
[code]
SampleWebApp/
license.txt
phpclient/
readme.txt

3. copy the directory "web" (inside SampleWebApp) to my tomcat webapps directory (the main location of all my web applications including jasperserver

4. restart tomcat

5. go to my "web" url and I get the error listed above.

I know I am missing something. There is a directory in the SampleWebApp named "src" which has what looks to me like the missing piece. But I don't know where this directory should be placed to make this work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to replicate something similar to the sample code provided w/jasperServer2.0.1. (java web app example) Does anyone have advice on how to design the WSClient? I have seen the implementation of the ireport-plugin, however I need a direct link to the report execution. Anyone who can give any helpful advice is greatly appreciated!

(I mainly am interested in the "runReport" method(s))

Thanx!

;)

• 9 months later...

Hello,

Do you have a link update mentionned in the first message ?

I need a client example without using axis, as we will use Spring WS as client.

I cannot see how to pass the xml without the axis:list tag.

Thanks

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just found the samples in the remoting-test project in the sources.

But these example does not show how to access the webservices using Spring WS (and not Spring) .

The other problem I have is how to modify (with the i-reports pugin sample) a ReportUnit Options and how I can create such new items from scratch (but referencing existing ReportUnits and JRXML files).

I tried many differents ways but there's still errors (hibernate errors about optionName) even if I set the name, label, parent folder and so on. I can send the XML later.

Thanks for the anwers and best regards,
Patrick Ruffieux