SQL connection problem

StaySick

Hey, im kinda new using iReport and i have a problem with the connection to my sql 2005 DB, I've copied the tools.jar (jdk 6) file to the lib directory and downloaded the driver, the driver is already at lib directory of iReport and in my "jar" classpath and still getting the following message:

ClassNotFoundError!

Msg: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

This class may have not been found: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Check your classpath

I dont understand whats happening, hope you can help me, btw im using iReport 1.3.0 and this is my string conn

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;DatabaseName=DB

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in iReport 1.3 go to Options -> Classpath and put the actual jar file full path in there for the jdbc driver.

you might also ant to consider using the jtds driver instead, in my experience it works much better when connecting to sql server - net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

• 1 year later...

I'm using iReport 2.0.4 and ran into the same issue despite having added the jar file to the classpath in iReport and the environment variable (Windows XP). After about my third reboot I ran across the following article:

[url=http://blogs.msdn.com/jdbcteam/archive/2007/06/15/java-lang-classnotfoundexception-com-microsoft-jdbc-sqlserver-sqlserverdriver.aspx]http://blogs.msdn.com/jdbcteam/archive/2007/06/15/java-lang-classnotfoundexception-com-microsoft-jdbc-sqlserver-sqlserverdriver.aspx

...which explains that the class name has changed between the SQL Server 2000 JDBC driver and the SQL Server 2005 JDBC driver. Additionally, the SQL Server 2005 JDBC driver has a different URL prefix from the SQL Server 2000 JDBC driver. Both the classname and URL prefix were incorrectly defaulted to the old version of SQL Server in iReport 2.0.4. Changing the driver (thankfully the drop down list accepts copy/paste) from "com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver" to "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver" and the prefix from "jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://" to "jdbc:sqlserver://" fixed the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...