JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Extra space where there should be none

dhyton

In the group footer I have three elements all with a height of 14. I have set the second and third element to not print and hardcoded the first element to "Hello"

I did all this because no matter how hard I try I am getting extra space in the groupfooter. The footer size is 14. I get something like

Hello

Hello

Hello

<blank>

Hello

How do I stop this behavior?

Post edited by: dhyton, at: 2007/01/17 11:52

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I solved the issue on my own by removing the 1px report band size in two bands I wasn't using and removing the print when expression expression on the band with the issue and filtering my data. I am not sure which one fixed my issue but it also fixed an issue with my group index not incrementing correctly. Go figure

Post edited by: dhyton, at: 2007/01/17 11:52

Post edited by: dhyton, at: 2007/01/17 11:53

Actually I solved the issue on my own by removing the 1px report band size in two bands I wasn't using and removing the print when expression expression on the band with the issue and filtering my data. I am not sure which one fixed my issue but it also fixed an issue with my group index not incrementing correctly. Go figure

Post edited by: dhyton, at: 2007/01/17 11:53

Post edited by: dhyton, at: 2007/01/17 11:54

Attached is a zip file with the version of the report with a spacing issue, a version with out, and some sample data. The report is a sub-report so you may wish to remove the Report Query filter as it over complicates things and the data is filtered and sorted anyhow. If you remove the filter the issue occurs between the next to last and last row. The fact that its near the end seems irrelevant. On other larger data sets the issue occurred randomly. Also if you add the GroupIndex to the rows you will see that it does not increment evenly. On one of my data sets it skipped forward by 4. Unfortunately, I can't provide every data set. Some of the use cases are real financial information.

Thanks

David [file name=ForForum.zip size=4228]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/ForForum.zip[/file]

Post edited by: dhyton, at: 2007/01/17 11:55