mike

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to do

Code:

xlsExporter.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.IS_AUTO_DETECT_CELL_TYPE, Boolean.FALSE);

This flag is set by default, even though it has been deprecated by the new IS_DETECT_CELL_TYPE flag. We might reconsider this matter in the future and decide that the flag should be unset by default.

Regards,

Lucian

Hi!

Mike I've tried IS_DETECT_CELL_TYPE but this has the down side that fields that you want to be numbers in the spreadsheet are saved as text.

So rather than using IS_DETECT_CELL_TYPE, I've used IS_AUTO_DETECT_CELL_TYPE so that numbers are saved as numbers and any numeric fields that require the leading zeroes I simply prepend a "'" (single quote) which signals to Excel to format the number as text. But please note that for some reason when initially opening the spreadsheet the single quote is displayed until I click on the cell and its text in the toolbar.

Mike or Lucian,

in a forum item I posted Dec 7/06 I explain that I'm getting a 'cannot resolve symbol' error when setting the IS_DETECT_CELL_TYPE (to set IS_DETECT_CELL_TYPE as described above I had to change the defaults in the code and recompile). Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

john

• 11 years later...