We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Pagebreak Problem

PixM

Hi There,

I'm new to the board and i have a question. It's about pagebreaks in iReport. I have a report that has 3 pages and i want 2 subreports on each page so 6 subreports total. First page is ok but the subreports that have to be on page 3 are starting on page 2 because the second page is only filled for about half of the A4. The subreports are placed in groups. Can anybody please help me out because i cant seem to find a solution for it.

Thanx Alot!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Today, we have added support for a new type of element called <break> in JasperReports.

It will be used to introduce both column and page breaks. This new feature will probably be supported by the next iReport release, but until then we are happy to receive any feedback from users testing it from the SVN head version of JasperReports.

Thank you,

Teodor

• 4 weeks later...

I compiled the source and gave it a try. Didn't seem to be working yet. So I edited two files in net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill: JRHorizontalFiller and JRVerticalFiller.

In the method fillGroupHeader(JRGroup) I removed the check for !isNewPage and compiled again.

Now, the pagebreak function in the groups worked properly.

It doesn't seem very logical to remove this check, but somehow I think it isn't working properly..

And is it normal that the SVN version of jasper is a bit slow in the JRviewer (related to development or so)?

Thanx

Pixm