We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

oracle.sql.TIMESTAMP to java.sq.TimeStamp

seshasaib

Hi,

I have a texfield which displays the date in the format of oracle.sql.TIMESTAMP@132F12

When tried to change the textfield expression class from java.lang.String to java.sql.TIMESTAMP. I am getting the above error.

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file: 1. Cannot cast from String to Timestamp value = (java.sql.Timestamp)(""+((oracle.sql.TIMESTAMP)field_CREATION_DATE.getValue())); <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------> 2. Cannot cast from String to Timestamp value = (java.sql.Timestamp)(""+((oracle.sql.TIMESTAMP)field_CREATION_DATE.getOldValue())); <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------> 3. Cannot cast from String to Timestamp value = (java.sql.Timestamp)(""+((oracle.sql.TIMESTAMP)field_CREATION_DATE.getValue())); <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------> 3 errors at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:193) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.compileReport(JRDefaultCompiler.java:105) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:127) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:109) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:510) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Any ideas why its behaving like this.

I am using iReport1.2.8 and jaspereports1.2.8 the version really doesnt matter coz its comming in allmost all the versions that i have seen.

Thanks and regards,

Sesha sai.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic