We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Another charset problem

aboaventura

I know that there are many other posts about this subject, but I didn´t find any solution to my problem. I hope this time someone can help me.

I have a table at my MySQL database that has some special characters, like accent characters, like "é, á, ç" (I don´t know if it can be seen...) , characters used in portuguese, french and others...

Well, when I use Query Browser I can see those characters ok. When I retrieve data from table, via Hibernate, I can see those data at my desktop application. The only situation that I have problem is when it is shown at JasperViewer and when I try to print it too.

It drives me to conclusion that there´s something about jasperreport.

My environment is:

Windows XP Professional

Eclipse IDE 3.1.2

Hibernate 3.0.5

MySQL 5.0.24

JasperReport/Ireport 1.2.2

Below the list of jar files that are at libext:

antlr-2.7.5H3.jar

asm-attrs.jar

asm.jar

brazilutils-br.jar

cglib-2.1.jar

commons-beanutils-1.5.jar

commons-collections-2.1.1.jar

commons-digester-1.7.jar

commons-javaflow-20060411.jar

commons-logging-1.0.2.jar

commons-logging-api-1.0.2.jar

dnsns.jar

dom4j-1.6.jar

ehcache-1.1.jar

forms-1.0.6.jar

hibernate3.jar

itext-1.3.1.jar

jasperreports-1.2.2.jar

jta.jar

localedata.jar

looks-2.0.2.jar

mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar

mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar

RXTXcomm.jar

sunjce_provider.jar

sunpkcs11.jar

swing-layout-1.0.jar

Attached there are two files to ilustrate what I try to mean.

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but the given examples don´t show me a solution for my problem and, honestly, I won´t give up since I discover why just when I show report with JasperViewer or when I try to print it I have this problem.

I´ve been trying to solve it for a long time, but it´s incredible that there´s nothing to solve it !

Sorry, I´m very stressed about it. Maybe I´m in trouble because I don´t have so much knowledge, but I still believe that it should be much more simple to solve !

[file name=failCharset.pdf size=22099]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/failCharset.pdf[/file]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You have attached a PDF file in which those characters appear correctly. So where is the problem then?

In the Swing viewer? Attach a screen shot please.

And why do you say the samples did not help you? Have you run them? Are they displaying those characters correctly or not?

How can we help you if you do not provide enough information about your problem?

Kishore,

Why do you say you have the sampe problem since in your case it appears the characters are not working in PDF, not in the Swing viewer? Have you checked the samples as already mentioned in this thread?

Thank you,

Teodor

teodord,

I'm attaching some files again.

swingJlist.jpg shows how my those special characters are shown at my swing/desktop application. All the data shown at that Jlist are retrieved from my MySQL database.

jasperviwer.jpg shows a piece of viewer and how it's shown on it.

I believe that with these two files you can have an idea of what is really happening.

I will send with another post a html file saved by the viewer. A pdf file, when is saved, simply ignore those characters that it

can't resolve. That's why you thought that there is no problem.

In the html file you'll see that it changes the correctly characters for some strange symbol.

Finally, I've tried those samples and tried to put those features on our reports but it doesn't work. size=247]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/swingJList.JPG