We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

subreports in last page footer?

wexwarez

I can't get my subreport will not print in the last page footer.

I get this error:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Subreport overflowed on a band that does not support overflow.

Can anyone suggest a way around this?

Why are we not suppose to use subreports in the last page footer?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

The page footer (including the last page footer) is a section that has a fixed height. Your subreport seems to overflow because it has to display more information then what can fit into the page footer.

Have you even thought what should happen in this case?

Well, the reporting engine cannot accept such situations where the page footer content does not fit into the page footer predefined size.

Simply put: if the last page footer overflows, it will no longer be the last page footer, would it? Another page will follow...

You have to reconsider your report design.

I hope this helps.

Teodor

• 2 years later...

Seeing as this is a rather old topic and things may have changed: is it possible to define the height of the footer band dynamically?

I'm trying to make the page footer height customizable by the end user. The problem is that this band is of fixed height. I've tried different subreports/bands combinations and none of them worked. My only solution so far has been to compile the jasper file at runtime. Is there any way to avoid this rather unelegant solution?

• 2 weeks later...

stradale
Wrote:

Is there any way to avoid this rather unelegant solution?

No (currently, at least).

The engine needs to know the height of the footer a prori in order to determine how much space is available on the page for the details/rest of the bands.

Regards,

Lucian