JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Report with a fixed number of lines

imanol00

Good morning people!

I am a new JasperReports user and I got really impressed by this wonderful library.

But I have a problem. I am working in a report which must have a fixed number of lines: I have enough space in the sheet to place 30 lines of data (items of an order, in this case), and there must be drawn the 30 rows of textfields.

The problem is the following: if the SQL query returns as result five rows, for example, only five rows will be written in the "details" band of the report. But I want to have 30: 5 with the data and 25 in with the textfields in blank (but with the format I gave them: borders, background color...).

I know it can be made, because I saw it in the Reports of the Month :), but I don´t know how to do it.

I hope you can help me. Thanks for all!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

imanol00 wrote:

Good morning people!

I am a new JasperReports user and I got really impressed by this wonderful library.

But I have a problem. I am working in a report which must have a fixed number of lines: I have enough space in the sheet to place 30 lines of data (items of an order, in this case), and there must be drawn the 30 rows of textfields.

The problem is the following: if the SQL query returns as result five rows, for example, only five rows will be written in the "details" band of the report. But I want to have 30: 5 with the data and 25 in with the textfields in blank (but with the format I gave them: borders, background color...).

I know it can be made, because I saw it in the Reports of the Month :), but I don´t know how to do it.

I hope you can help me. Thanks for all!

Hi imanol00! ;)

It looks you have the same problem as me. I want to create a table with fixed number of rows. If someone can help, i'll be grateful.

cya!

PD: Sorry for my errors in english grammar. I'm novice in english language (i'm spanish)